Condoowners Insurance: Differences with the standard home insurance policy

Differences with the standard home insurance policy

A unit owners policy is usually appropriate for the individual condominium/association unit owner when the association insures the physical structure. It is somewhat like a standard home insurance policy, with some differences.

How itís similar
  • Coverage A, Building Property, protects your items of real property which are a part of your unit and your responsibility according to the governing rules of your Condominium/ Association.
  • Coverage L, Personal Liability, can help protect your assets in case you are legally responsible for property damage or injury to others.

How itís different
  • The unit owners policy can help you meet certain obligations that arise from your shared responsibility within the Condominium/Association.